Today is - Tue May 21 2024

Frequently Asked Questions

Kern County Sheriff's Office
A. Click HERE for contact information.
A. You can click HERE to visit our Online Application and information page for Concealed Weapons Permits.
A. You can click HERE to visit our Online Inmate Search or contact the appropriate custodial facility. Click HERE for the phone numbers.
A. Crime reports are available through the Crime Reports Unit. There is no cost to obtain a report. The daily event summary will be produced upon request at no cost.

Our public hours are 8 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday, excluding holidays. Our office is located at 1350 Norris Road, Bldg. B, just west of Airport Drive in Bakersfield
A. Photos are distributed by Technical Investigations at a cost of $5.00 per print. Payment must be arranged through the Records Division before photos will be printed.
A. The Arrest Records Section is located at the Central Receiving Facility behind Superior Court at 1415 Truxtun Avenue. Our office hours are Mon-Thur 7 a.m. to 3 p.m., excluding weekends and holidays. If you wish to obtain your local criminal history, you must submit fingerprints to the Department of Justice. Fingerprinting is done by appointment only, Mon – Thur 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.. You must present valid photo ID. There is a $10 fee for this service plus applicable State fees: $25 for most purposes; $35 if your criminal history is needed for adoption or immigration/visa purposes. The Department of Justice will respond by mailing you your State criminal history. These responses can take from two (2) to twenty (20) weeks, depending on the length of your criminal history.

Local criminal history information is also available by accessing the Superior Court website.

Warrant information is available by contacting the Kern County Superior Court at one of the following numbers:
Felony – (661) 868-5393 and select option #4
Misdemeanor – (661) 868-7207
Traffic – (661) 868-2382
A. A list of Kern County live scan sites is available at the Office of the Attorney General website. This list includes the address, phone number, and business hours of each site, along with their local rolling fee. State fees vary and are subject to change by the Department of Justice.

You must present a completed “Request For Live Scan Services” form. These forms are not available at the live scan sites. Your perspective employer or licensing agency must provide them to you. You must present valid photo ID, and applicable State and local fees. Kern County will not accept counter checks or out-of-state checks.

Inked prints are rolled for federal employment and licensing only. The cost is $10 per card.
A. If you have previously registered with our agency as a narcotic offender and you need to complete a change of address, you may do so through the mail. A letter indicating your full name, date of birth, and new address with a copy of your old registration receipt may be mailed to the Registration Unit at 1415 Truxtun Avenue, Bakersfield, CA 93301.

All first time registrants, registrants moving into Kern County, all sex, arson, and gang registrants, or those individuals ordered by the court to be fingerprinted and photographed, must appear in person. Be prepared to wait in line for this service. You must arrive no later than 12:30 to ensure you will be assisted.
A. Click HERE to obtain registered High-Risk Sex Offender Information. For information on all other registered sex offenders you may go to the Attorney General’s website.
A. Click HERE to view the Kern County Ordinance Code.
A. Click HERE for information regarding Civil matters.
A. Click HERE to submit a drug tip digitally.