Today is - Tue May 21 2024

Online Reporting (FAQ)

Kern County Sheriff's Office

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

A. If your incident is an emergency, call 911. If a non-emergency, call 661-861-3110.
A. No. If a crime took place outside of the Kern County Sheriff's Office jurisdiction, please call the law enforcement agency in that jurisdiction. If you live within the Kern County Sheriff's Office jurisdiction and are the victim of an identity theft or a financial crime, then continue with online reporting.
A. If this took place on a state freeway, please call the Highway Patrol Office nearest you.
A. If any of the following apply, the suspect is a known suspect:

1.) You can identify the suspect by name.
2.) You know where the suspect can be found.
3.) You know the license plate number of the vehicle the suspect occupied.