Today is - Mon May 20 2024

Internal Affairs

Kern County Sheriff's Office

The Kern County Sheriff's Office strives to provide professional service. Citizen input, both positive and negative, is vital to our organization's goals.

You may file a complaint in person at 1350 Norris Road, Bakersfield, CA 93308 or by visiting any of our substations. We encourage those making a complaint to call (661)391-7470 and ask to speak to an investigator or to request a complaint form be mailed to them. Some complaints can be immediately referred to the respective employee's supervisor for a quick resolution, may require a more extensive formal investigation, or may be a matter that is best addressed through other means. This can include, but is not limited to: Getting more information about the complaint, collecting evidence in a timely manner, filing a Tort Claim, explanation of the judicial process, referral to the appropriate department for matters that are not personnel related, and referral to other agencies for complaints about employees who do not work at the Kern County Sheriff's Office. Speaking to an investigator helps to ensure complaints are handled both appropriately and efficiently.

In addition, complaint forms may also be accessed online, and are linked below. If this option is more convenient, please keep in mind this form is to be used for complaints against Kern County Sheriff's Office Employees ONLY. This form is not to be used filing a criminal report or complaint, unless it involves such allegations against an employee of the Kern County Sheriff's Office. If you are wishing to make a crime or incident report, please call our Communications Center at (661)861-3110. For convenience, reports meeting certain criteria may also be filed through Online Reporting.